From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 05:42:28 +0200
Trevor asks : "It could be there as an inapparent infection but does it need
something to trigger an adverse reaction?  Is Nosema ceranae the trigger?
 This is assuming that these viruses are having an adverse reaction."

Past spring I left a bunch of colonies without any medication /treatment. By
late winter (a mild one) I have lost 30% of them by starvation. With the
first warm day and the cleansing flight i started to see lots of bees
walking on the ground with deformed wings. The ones with wings that were
walking on the ground could't fly, they have a stange abdomen, like with
stomach ake. They have very low loads of nosema spores and huge loads of
varroa.

I couldn't resiste the no treatment option and I put formic pads on all but
two of them. After a couple of new epissodes of "walking on the ground
bees", now they are building beautifull. The two ones with out formic still
have "walking on the ground bees" epidoses.

So for me DWV is definetilly linked to varroa.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.