From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:51:22 +1000
Some thoughts to ponder on IAPV.

It was first described in 2004.  How long has it been in existence in honey
bees?  Remember Kashmir bee virus and how it was denied to be in bees in
certain areas then suddenly it was found.

If it is the cause of CCD, why are not the bees in Australia coming down
with CCD?  Why haven't bees in Canada come down with it way back in 1987
onwards when bees from Australia started to enter Canada? And why have bees
in dozens of other countries not come down with CCD when they have received
queens and bees from Australia?

Why did the packages of bees from Australia put on irradiated gear from CCD
colonies not come down with CCD again?

How did IAPV arrive in Australia?  Could it be that it has been in the USA
for a long time and actually Australia got it from queens imported from the
USA prior to the quarantine station coming into existence in 1983?

I wonder what the main topic of discussion will be at Apimondia 2007 which
starts in Sunday?  I bet the seminar on Thursday will be well attended.

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia