Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:59:52 GMT
Dave,

>>Mating preferences of the queen influence which drones actually get to mate, the queuing that goes on in a drone comet...

Would you please elaborate on this very interesting topic?  How does the queen select the drones she mates with?  She's being chased by a swarm of drones and she does not have good eyesight (I assume here that workers' and queens' eyesight is equally poor).  Her sense of smell does not work in the backwards direction.  It'd be great to know more about this behavior.

Waldemar