From:
Gerardo Lückeheide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:25:43 -0400
Allen

I have been reading much of your feeding  methot with pollen patties,
looking forword to make my owns for the bees.  I started a couple weeks ago
preparing a few pounds to get use to,  - too interesting -  according to
your formula.   Since all this came up and I finnaly finish the job,  I had
patties in my pants, up in my elbows, around my nose...and other places.
For sure, not easy to make .   Then I wos thinking why do not take all the
moister away of the patty and let the mix just as an dry powder :  sugar -
yeast - soy , well mixed.
My question :   do you have - or somebody else -  any experience on a dry
protein mix for the bees ?
Two days ago I made 2 kgs of this dry mix ( 60 %  powder sugar,  powder soy
15 %, and yeast 25% ) Very easy job.  Toke it then to the bees.  Over  the
topbars + - 120 grs. of the mix,  on the brood frames.  I don t have  the
answer yet.  Will check how bees are doing with in a few days.     Any
opinion about ?

Much Thanks.

Gerardo Lückeheide M.
parallel 42