Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:42:03 -0600
 >> I'm surprised that this topic died so quickly.
 >
 > Yes, especially since rapidly-working labor in commercial operations tend
 > to squash a lot of bees in the hives in preparation for almond
pollination
 > (feeding, treatment, etc).  I myself am very curious!

This observation -- the fact that feeding crushed bees to colonies
causes collapse -- is to me a very important observation.

Is anyone working on this?

It seems that pesticides, viruses, bacteria and fungi are popular
suspects, but is anyone looking at prions?  Maybe we have BeeSE?

I also recall reports of unusual nodules or cysts having been observed
in bees and then nothing more...

I'm out of the loop.  What is the latest on these avenues of thought?

The conventional thinking seems to get lots of money, but keeps coming
up empty.