From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 20:25:55 -0500
Hello Dee & All,
Actually one large beekeeper is interested in Dee's formula. I am not sure
if Dee saw when I posted about his going to small cell so will post again.
Perhaps Dee has talked to Dave Mendez (Florida large commercial beekeeper)
about small cell.
I first heard of his intentions last fall by email from a lurker on BEE-L. I
made a point at the ABF convention to speak with Dave. We spoke at length
and here is what Dave said.

He was converting his entire operation to 4.9mm in two steps.
1. put all hives on  5.1 mm
2. further reduce to 4.9mm

Like I said in the earlier post if I was in the area of Dave I would
document his success or failure for a bee magazine. Because I am not able to
do such because of distance perhaps a beekeeper with writing skills in
Florida might approach Dave about documenting his outfit changing from large
cell to small cell.

Tip:
All you would really need to get is the data and pictures as I believe for
such an important story either editor would help write the article or make
it readable. If they are not able then I would help free of charge . I have
read and helped many other beekeepers on articles they have written for bee
magazines.

I told Dave about the small cell short cut but he said he was going to
follow Dee Lusby's directions posted at beesource to the letter.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.