From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 15:49:07 +1100
Several years ago when I was helping with the production of the NZ
Beekeeping Industry 'Profile' document that we use to promote and
explain our industry, I helped Andrew Matheson, and then later Cliff
Van Eaton, to write three stories about 'typical' beekeepers.

We used 'composite' figures, bits and pieces about a number of
beekeepers we knew, to tell three stories about what different
beekeeping experiences could be like.  We even managed a bit of
inside humour, using names for these fictional people that related to
beekeeping personalities present and past!

The stories tell of a 'typical' commercial honey producer, a
'typical' pollination beekeeper, and a 'typical' hobbyist beekeeper.
Especially for anyone new to beekeeping, the stories can be
educational and interesting.

The Profile document itself is available on the NZ Beekeeping Home
Pages, but if any BEE-L reader would like to get a copy of the
stories (about 17kb total) by email, you can send an email message to
me (note: do not press the reply button, or else it goes to the
list!) with these words in the Subject: line -

SEND STORIES

Be sure you put it in the Subject: line (not the message body) and be
sure you spill it correctly, as otherwise my autoresponder will not
work.  Next time I log on (several times a day) it will be
automatically sent to you.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed writing them, and then
updating them several years ago!

  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]
  (/      work [log in to unmask]