From:
Steve Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:17:59 +0100
On 8/8/2017 5:59 AM, Scott Ball wrote:

> Any successful methods I can use to get these bees to knock it off and go back to being just workers, or should I just cut my losses and put them all in one deep and use dry ice to take care of them?
>
> Scott Ball
> Livermore, CA

Try dumping all the bees onto the ground a few yards from the hive.
While they are there slip a frame of good brood into the hive plus a
protected queen cell or caged laying queen.  If you use a queen release
her in 3 days.  It usually works for me but nothing seems to be
guaranteed with laying workers.  The other method is to continually put
young brood into the hive till all the laying workers are dead but that
is probably not worth all the brood and effort.

Steve Rose N. Wales

---