From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 14:58:00 GMT
TF>From: Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
  >Date:         Mon, 5 May 1997 08:21:17 -0400
  >Subject:      Re: DEAD BROOD

TF>Often chilled brood is cleaned out, or brood which cannot be fed because
  >of a sudden end to a good nectar flow.  The brood may have merely been
  >pulled apart by the bees in order to get it out of the cell.

Hi Ted,

  Of course you must be right, but us old beekeepers call this activity
"eating the brood". I have never seen any reports of research that bees
do not eat at least part of the brood when they remove it but it would
not surprise me someday to learn that they suck out the brains or
something but then I see varroa as the vampire mite anyway but then they
do feed on the bees blood don't they?<G>

Just had another look on the boob tube at what was at one time
California's great hope for bee research who now play's the county
fair's showing off his talent for blowing his own horn while covered
with bees,,, Nothing changes as this was also his main skill while on
the peoples dole. What a waste, but we must all do what we must do to
get by and university retirement is not all that great I would guess. I
know he gets stung many times during his act but would just love to see
him try this stunt with the local bees in Arizona. I doubt he could
survive package bee shaking efforts needed to get the young bees.
Matters not what breed in the Sonoran desert I have seen these bees
when they hatch and all births are breech first.

                       ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ message: [X] [ ] [ ]  please make your mark and return.