From:
Jørn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:49:57 +-200
The new beeyear season have just started here in Denmark. The most Beekeepers have been visiting their beeyards and being preparing the hives for the new year. I think it is about time to start the treatment against Varroa. I am not very happy by using Apistan or the like because I see this as a poison that I want to live without.

I want to limit the treatment to two natural elements already being a part of the honey!
lactic acid and formic acid. The first because it is mild and suited for the treatment in Spring and the Other to use after the Honey harvest to prepare for the overwintering of the bees with as less Varroas as possible. I know that this kind of treatments is not 100% effective and can result in dead families, but I think this is a better risk to take than the risk to incorporate the Apistan elements in the Wax an have medicine
remains in the Honey. I am thinking of all those people allergic to Food elements. I think it is better to make Small families for overwintering in a number of about a third of the total families.

Anybody out there that have tried some similar to this above?? or want to comment on it please.

--
EDBI = Beekeeping software for win 3.1+ and win95/NT
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo/edbi.htm