From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:41:01 -0500
Allen Dick wrote:

> > With all the discussion on cell size and if smaller cell size promotes
> > healthier colonies, comparing different manufacturers may not be taking
> > all the variables into account.
>
> One thing that mystifies me about this whole cell size business is this:
>
> During the whole time that foundation sizes have been ranging in size, has
> *no one* done a side-by-side test to determine if bees do better on one size
> than another?

Before Varroa there was no good reason to do so. Plus, back then it was
more set and forget. A lot has changed with the mites. And the whole
issue on cell size is fairly recent.

But I agree that independent research on cell size is needed by people
who can control, within reason, the variables.

And, Allen, thanks for the excellent questions on FGMO.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME