From:
DAVID ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 22:17:37 -0500
 I have to agree with Bob, and speaking from experience ,having bees in some of the hottest counties for supposed presence of tex-mex bees, there are a few aggressive hives around but  we split and requeen 100 percent plus within a year I don't concern myself with it,and had all samples come back negative from florida state tests,and the voluntary compliance program,which I chose not to be in again due to poor wording and making a lawyers picnic against the beekeeper.Florida seems to be the leader in things which on the surface seem like good ,but are not in the best interest of me the beekeeper,but that's another thread.
  As for the commercial guy in NYS ,i'd say he's adding a little drama to the story,i'm sure not going to stay away from "aggressive" hives,and also from my experience they've tended to be the best producers of late.
  It amazes me how much "stuff" can bee dispersed by beekeepers and researchers sometimes,that does not meet the way things are in the real world.