From:
"<Larry Connor>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 01:49:20 -0500
Wicwas Press Inventory Reduction Sale
December 1 - 31, 1997
Limited to stock on hand, no returns, no backorders, no special orders

To: Internet Beekeepers
From: Larry Connor, Wicwas Press, LLC
(Serving the beekeeping industry since 1975)
Re: Inventory Reduction Sale

NOTE: If you do not want to read about a sale on beekeeping books, stop now!

If not, here is the story:

HELP! I NEED ROOM FOR NEW BEE BOOK TITLES!!!

While checking inventory, I realized that I had some "old drones" (books
which been in print a long, long time) and a few "old maids" (books which
have been on the shelf for a while but have not yet been invited to a new
home). There are also a few titles which I thought would sell to beekeepers
but didn't (home brewing, for example).

So, here is a list of titles, arranged by author, title, number on hand, list
price and sale price. All books are new. A few are a bit worn from travel.
All are offered at prices 25% to 75% off the list price.

Postage is extra. If you pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express, I will
bill you the actual postage plus $1 per order for packing materials. Specify
Book Rate or Priority Mail. No UPS. Airborne Express upon request at cost.

Prepayment Required!

Send check or money order to Wicwas Press, LLC
Attn: Dr. Larry Connor,
P.O. Box 817
Cheshire, CT 06410-0817.
Phone and Fax 203 250 7575 (start your fax when you hear machine)
email at [log in to unmask]

Or

Send your credit card number and expiration date by mail
OR
phone to digital voice mail
OR
email at your own risk.

PLEASE DO NOT email your credit card information to the entire email list!!!!

In all cases, I must have your name, mailing address, city, state/province
(country) and zip/postal code. Please include your Phone number, Fax number
and Email address.
Your email order request will hold the order for ten days maximum.

AUTHOR:   TITLE   (NUMBER),   LIST PRICE,     SALE PRICE UNTIL 31 DECEMBER
1997

Adams: Long box hive and its operation (6), $14.95, sale $9.95  (closeout)
Boon/Groc: Natures Handbook, Native Plant Communities of Great Plains (2),
$45, sale $29.95 (closeout)
Connor et al: Asian apiculture (Proceedings of first international symposium
on Asian honey bees and bee mites) (71), $79.95, sale $29.95
Crane: World perspective in apiculture (5), $15, sale $3.75
Diemer: Bees and Beekeeping (5), $20, sale $13.95 (closeout)
Field: Honey by the ton. (10) $14, sale $9.50 (closeout)
Fichtl/Adi: Honeybee flora of Ethiopia (this is a beautiful book, in full
color. Want a honey plants book for tropical climes? Here it is), (3) $127,
sale $95 (closeout)
Hansen: Enfermedades de la cria (Spanish only), (8) $14.50, sale $10.50
(closeout)
Holldobler/Wilson: The ants (the Pulitizer Prize winner) (2), $75, sale $55
(closeout)
Hooper: Guide to bees and honey (94) $17.95, sale $9.95
Jaycox: Beekeeping Tips and Topics (124) $10.95, sale $5.95
Kelvin: Asiatic hive bee (4), $40, sale $28
Koch: Evaluating beer, $25.95, sale $13.95  (closeout)
Morse: Honey bee pests, predators & diseases, SECOND EDITION (35), $45, sale
$11.25  (closeout)
Naile: America's master of bee culture: Life of Langstroth (15), $14.95 ,
sale $8.95
Oster/Wilson: Caste and ecology of social insects (8), $15.95, sale $10.95
 (closeout)
Riches: A handbook of beekeeping, $29.95 (8), sale $12.95  (closeout)
Rinderer: Honey bee genetics and breeding (5), $119.00, sale $60 (closeout)
Root: Eyewitness Account of American Beekeeping (7), $6.95, sale $3.95
Schermerhorn: Great American beer cookbook (6), $25, sale $16
Smith: Proceedings of AIA meeting (year tracheal mites were discovered in
USA) (5), $18, sale $8
Taber: Breeding super bees (12), $18.95, sale $9.95
Verma: Beekeeing in integrated mountain development (7), $59, sale $25
Verma: The honey bee in mountain agriculture (9), $61, sale $25

To place your order, email me a list of the books you want. Indicate if you
want more than one copy (books are great gifts for other beekeepers,
researchers and students)!
Use one of the payment methods to send payment. No shipments will be made
until payment is received.

ALL TITLES SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE! Respond early and don't be sorry!
Offer ends at Midnight, 31 December 1997.

Thanks for your continued support,
Larry Connor

...not responsible for aol failures...human errors...to error is human..all
good things take time...cheers!