From:
JOHN IANNUZZI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:44:39 -0400
>      I just asked my friend, John Iannuzzi, why he did not
> refer someone, Pat Wagner, here in Charles Co. Maryland who
> was cured of MS and has an ad in the American Bee Journal
> P.. 695 October issue called "How well are you willing to
> bee?"  I heard her speak several times at our Maryland bee
> meetings first coming in a wheel chair, then a walker, than
> with no aid.  She was featured on Connie Chung a couple years
> ago and on several TV news programs.  I made a copy of two
> programs.  This young grandmother with an outgoing
> personality said she was bedridden paying hundreds of dollars
> every week or so for medicine that did her no good until she
> took the suggestion of the regional bee inspector - try some
> bee stings.  Some use it for arthritis. She did and felt warm
> around her sting that she never felt in years.  With her
> husband Ray they use the colony of bees for bee venom therapy
> and last year she even got some surplus honey.  She nick
> named her husband Sting Ray for being the unpaid doctor. In
> the Connie Chung 20 min. section it showed dozens of people,
> mostly women, coming to her house each week for bee stings -
> free. Not being a doctor she can't charge and can't practice
> medicine.  Some people donated some money.  Not everybody is
> helped.  Even today's medicine doesn't help all with our
> modern medicine.
>      I used bee stings on my hurt knee - twisted in dancing.
> I did it in public at the Baltimore Co. Md. annual Honey
> Festival held this year on Oct. 7 & 8, 1995 after wearing 3
> bee beards each day (nos. 97-103). The bees didn't sting my
> face nor the women whom I kissed with the beard and gave each
> a jar of honey after coming out of the screened tent.  After
> removing the queen cage and "shaving" with a bee brush I
> applied two or three bee stings on my right knee. My only
> stings on my face were numbers 45 and 48.  I (we) forgot to
> feed the honeybees with sugar syrup spray.  Jack Iannuzzi did
> not apply the bees on me this year being in Ohio, but he is
> the instigator of the beebeards in Md. having first seen it
> in 1978 in Ohio at the EAS meeting.  Don Cooke, who was on
> the cover of the Guinnes Book of records was  the one we saw
> in Ohio.  Jack got Don Kolpack to be the first one who also
> went to Ohio in 1980 (?) for the program "That's Incredible"
> I started in 1993 at Harbor Place in Baltimore.  I couldn't
> back out then with a large audience.  Now I charge money to
> cover the loss of bees and work.  The novelty ran out long
> ago.
>      I'm typing this on P.W on ASCII.  My first a reply to
> this question didn't go through.
> John Romanik
>    John Romanik BBKM [log in to unmask]
>    Ellicott City, Maryland  USA

 JOHN, IT DID GO THRU BUT IT WAS ALL GARBLED.
CONGRATS!
John Iannuzzi PhD            | There is some soul of goodness
9772 Old Annapolis Rd        | in things evil... Thus bees do
Ellicott City (founded 1772) | gather honey from the weed.
Maryland usa 21042           |  --Apologies to the BardofAvon
Hobbyist w/ 19 colonies2many | 21 Italian hives (25sep951945)
[log in to unmask]   | 35 years a b-man