From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 10:08:25 -0500
> Atrazine was especially widely used in the 1980's and 1990's,
> long before CCD:

True and like most chemicals has found its way into most rural water sources
(with no way to remove).

> Syngenta, the maker of atrazine, questions the credibility of several
> university studies which suggest atrazine causes developmental
> problems for amphibians:

As did the tobacco industry and produced studies of their own showing
tobacco
was safe.
I see herbicide & pesticide run off into the bees water sources a possible
source of bee health problems and can not understand why others can not
think a possibility exists. The products are toxic to many animals and ARE
in their water sources.

Cameron, Missouri has the highest incidence of brain cancer per capita in
the U.S.. The only issue detected by the EPA has been a higher than what the
EPA considers normal amount of atrazine in the water.

Problems with water and environment do not happen overnight. The problems
happen slowly while citizens are busy with their everyday lives. The green
movement worries most about pesticides *on* their veggies (which are mostly
seasonal) and many ignore our bodies are mostly made up of water which we
consume daily.

I drink zero water with atrazine in it in any amount!

Proving atrazine is a health hazard to the satisfaction of the powers that
be
is a big task and most likely will not happen. The key in my opinion is what
are the effects long term.
example:
A pack of cigarettes smoked once a year versus four packs a day.

The brain cancer people in Missouri had been drinking atrazine tainted water
all their lives.

bob