From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 23:07:58 -0600
Whose to say
> Tracheal and Varroa mites didn't come into the U.S. on Queens or queen
> attendants in some bodies coat pocket.

The above (as pertains to varroa) is close to what we have pieced together
but
the reason *from our research* was not for queens and we actually believe a
queen was most likely not included. Varroa mites (live 7 days without a
host)  by themselves or on
attendants smuggled  in.

Perhaps one day our paths will cross Mike. if so maybe we can sit down and
if you want to spend an hour I will share what I know and  *the proof* I
have as to when , how, why and by who varroa entered to U.S. and you can
make up your own mind.

 One of our trading partners felt the U.S. needed a problem so they had to
level the playing field so to speak. Their people we caught planting the
varroa but only later did the U.S. beekeepers figure out what had happened.
The
arrival of varroa accomplished what had hoped to be gained for the other
country!

These things are best shared person to person for obvious reasons.

Enough said on the subject!

bob