From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2023 11:32:36 -0700
There are certain nectar flows (such as almond) that make flying bees very
defensive.
We notice this not only in the almond orchards, but also this spring in our
crowded cell builder yard.  Most of the time we can walk through without
any protective gear, but some days we need to put a veil on, even before we
touch a single hive.  In a few days they are back to being uninterested in
us again.

That said, some of them may be considering swarm prep, and maybe I've just
never noticed a link...

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
530 277 4450