From:
darrells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:05:04 -0400
 Barry Sergeant said:
> But I deviate - the fundamental question remains; viz., if beekeepers in
> the continental US could accept the idea - and perhaps the fact of - a
> gentle version of AM scutellata  - would such a version of the alleged
> "killer bee" be acceptable? If indeed so, what kind of a pedigree would
> esteemed beekeepers such as yourself require?

While we here in dark(getting darker in late September) and cold(getting
colder) Canada are not too worried, yet, about AHB, I have been following
the posts with interest.  In 1994 I attended a short course on Queen Rearing
at the University of Guelph.  One of the presenters was Bob Page, who stated
that in his experience, the defensive trait of AHB remains after several
generations of breeding.  Is this no longer the case?

Bob Darrell
Caledon, Ontario
Canada
80W44N