From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:30:33 -0500
> Thanks, Anita, for a fact check.  Bob, we are all waiting with bated
> breath
> for you to recheck your facts.

I also thank Anita. I went to the local office and had a sit down with the
manager ( the company and I  have had issues before over spraying) . It
seems I was incorrect on DDT. I hate to be wrong but in this case I would
rather be wrong than see the widespread DDT use which is being rumored as
being done in the U.S..

The original person I had spoke with before no longer works there.

The  conversation was:
DDT is banned so not used
He did not appear to know what the neonicotinoids were but later when I said
systemic pesticide said he did. Said he knew of no use in our area.
Said he did not know the seed he was selling was treated with the
neonicotinoids. The bags now only say "pesticide treated seed" instead of
the old label which said "imidacloprid treated seed"
Said he did not know crop dusters were spraying in our area this summer.
Said he did not know of a crop duster location in our area.
I said the crop duster was spraying when bees were *possibly* in the
soybeans.
he said most likely a fungicide.
I said i hear a mite was causing problems in soybeans and reason for the
spray.
He said if a mite then most likely a pesticide mixed in. Said he did not
know of a mite problem in soybeans
He said he did not know what possible pesticide .

I politely thanks him for his time and left.

If members of the list can fill in the many blanks the manager left me
please do.

Again I apologize for my error. I do wonder if Randy is hearing people are
pushing for DDT use again if it is perhaps to make illegal use legal but
only a guess.

 I do not know if true or not but a friend said this morning he believed DDT
was legal to use and easily available in Mexico. Anyone know?

bob