From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1993 08:18:20 EDT
I believe that Scilla is what the lay person calls Grape Hyacinths.
They are small (as opposed to regular Hyacinths) and blossoms come in
both purple and white.  It's is a common practice to plant them with
Kaufmanian Tulips (small rock garden variety), paricularly Red Riding
Hood tulips.  Bulb catalogs often have them (Scilla) listed on
adjoining pages.  In my neck of upstate New York (there is a lot of
upstate New York!), Scilla is still a week or two away from bloom.

Aaron Morris
Saratoga Region