From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 18:32:07 -0600
Hello again.  We are ready to re-vamp our page.  We want to add a section
for posting state and national meetings, workshops, etc.  If you would
like your association, club, etc. listed and the dates of upcoming events,
please forward them to me.

Along this line, the Montana Beekeepers Assn. will meet October 17,18, and
19th in Bozeman, MT.

Things start at 1 on the 17th.  Guest speakers include Steve Shepherd,
Sherry Jennings, and myself - on bee issues;  Jack Thomas and Dick Molenda
on bee supplies and new products;  Charlie Eustace on protecting equipment
from bears, Chris Hahn and Tim Stewart on Boiler Operations.

On Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until people tire, I and my students will
conduct workshops on dissecting bees for tracheal mites, miticides, and
some of the implications of our current research regarding timing of
applications  and  "economic thresholds".

Bring your own bees to cut for tracheal mites.

For anyone wishing to attend, contact Les Wienke, 720 Knapp Street, Wolf
Point, MT  59201.  Tel: 406-653-1628.

Finally, I am still looking for things to put on the Kids Corner.  Surely
some artist out there would like to contribute some drawings, puzzles,
etc.?

Thanks

Jerry Bromenshenk
The University of Montana-Missoula