Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 22:01:00 +1200
I've been recently writing a discussion paper on the value of beekeeping
to New Zealand horticulture and agriculture.  I thought the list might
find some of my references useful (and add on to them, too!):

Matheson, Andrew and Schrader, Mark. The value of honey bees to New
Zealand's primary production. MAF Nelson. 1987. 5 pp.

McGregor, S E.  Pollination of crops.  Beekeeping in the United States.
Agriculture Handbook 135. United States Department of Agriculture.
Revised Oct 1980.  pp 116-117.

Barclay, John S and Moffett, Joseph O.  The pollination value of honey
bees to wildlife.  American Bee Journal.  July 1984:497-498, 551.

Levin, M D. Value of bee pollination to US agriculture. Bulletin of the
Entomological Society of America.  Winter 1983.  29(4):50-51.  (later
reprinted as: Levin, M D. Value of bee pollination to US agriculture.
American Bee Journal March 1984:184-186.)

Stanger, Ward. Honey bee pollination in California. American Bee
Journal. Sept 1967:334-336.

Moffett, Joseph O and Barclay, John S. The value of honey bees to
gardens, home orchards, and ornamentals. American Bee Journal. Oct
1984:724-726.

Lord, William. The untold pollination story. American Bee Journal. May
1985:341-342.

Robinson, Willard S, Nowogrodzki, Richard and Morse, Roger A.  The value
of honey bees as pollinators of US crops.  American Bee Journal.  June
1989:411-423 and July 1989:477-487.

Nick Wallingford
President, National Beekeepers Assn of New Zealand
Internet [log in to unmask]