From:
Bob Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:51:13 -0500
I have noticed small die offs in front of several of my hives lately; these
believe were caused by attempted robbing having witnessed one such attack
in progress.
I keep my hives in direct sunlight(with the covers down during nectar
dearth to
prevent robbing). I have water close by (100yds). This is during periods of
100deg. F
weather and the bees have no problems. During the hottest part of the day
they
hang on the front in a beard and go back in at night. It would stand to
reason that if
they keep the brood nest at 92 deg. F, 100deg. would be a minor escalation.

I would also request of everyone to at least put the region of the world
they are in
when posting. It is impossible to evaluate a situation and not know what
the weather
is where the problem is occuring.
Bob Young
Lindale,TX