From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:37:00 GMT
BH>From: BRIAN HENSEL <[log in to unmask]>
  >Date:         Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:41:20 -0700
  >Subject:      WARNING !

BH>  BEE ATTACK KILLS MAN; 3RD ARIZ.
  >  DEATH

BH>  Source: MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL

Always sad to hear of any bee attack and I am sorry to read someone
died!
  ___  ____ ___ _   _ ___ ___  _   _
 / _ \|  _ \_ _| \ | |_ _/ _ \| \ | | from the OLd Drone!
| | | | |_) | ||  \| || | | | |  \| |
| |_| |  __/| || |\  || | |_| | |\  |
 \___/|_|  |___|_| \_|___\___/|_| \_|

If someone posted a article on a new beekeeper cure for a bee problem we
all would all be treated to a warning about "more research" needs  or
how that may not be legal.. Interesting how a research scientist can
make observations about African bees before the research is in. Here is
a guy that would have made a good expert witness at the OJ trial...

BH>  Garcia is apparently Arizona's third human fatality due to an
  >Africanized ''killer'' honeybee attack. Though the bees have not
  >been analyzed by a qualified laboratory, the mass attack is ''clearly
  >African (bee) behavior,'' said Eric Erickson, director of the Carl
  >Hayden Bee Research Center in Tucson.

Someone should tell Dr. Erickson that Afrikaner bees are not the only
brand of honeybees that will do a mass attack which is common behaviour
in most any bee yard under the right conditions, and especially so in
the desert southwest.

What is missing from this story is what caused the bees to attack, not
that it makes a difference if you are dead. But I sure would not make a
judgement without more information, but then I am not a rocket scientist
or a bee scientist for that matter, but so far the Mr. Erickson's, BS is
very light on science and heavy on hot air, but then maybe he has more
bee experience then I think I do...

In light of this article I would suggest we all take a 2nd look at any
papers he has produced in the PP atmosphere of the USDA, (publish or
parish), as I don't believe any so called BS USDA Director should be
shooting from the lip or hip to the public before the facts are in...

                       ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Where the wild bee never flew,