From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:49:58 -0500
George W Imirie wrote:

> My brood nest is 3 Illinois bodies 365 days of the year.  On April 15th, I put
> on 5 Illinois supers of DRAWN COMB FRAMES on each colony.  I have written many
> articles about why to put all supers on at one time.  You might find them on
> the www. midnite bee.

George, I assume that "Illinois" supers are the medium depth size, is that right?  I understand why it is good to put
all supers on at once, but I don't see how you can put them on April 15th and still have time prior to that for Apistan
placement and removal after 45 days.  (That would be putting Apistan in on March 1!)  Or is varroa not a spring problem
for you?  If I wouldn't treat for varroa in the spring, I wouldn't have anything left by fall.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA