From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:40:31 -0400
Hey Dick

Your summery is pretty close, he doesn't split normally , or at least then he didn't , except a couple hundred that were made into about a semi load.
At that time the bees were kept as strong as possible to try and make honey on the brazilian pepper.
As for the locations near Canada, all I know is that he has some locations near the border, but he's had those forever, nothing had been done different.

It was just the rumor of bees coming from Canada was not correct, as for if Canadian bees could have came in contact with his , who knows. I' m not sure why this even matters , it does nothing to correct the fact that we have a problem, or several, and have no solutions, officially to combat it.
I see Bobs   view that if we had spent money on more options for treatments for mites and nosema , maybe we wouldn't have such a problem.
As I see it from out in the field , years have gone by , just to get to a paper published to say what we think it was caused by, then others counter that claim, and we as beekeepers still don't have squat  that anyone has officially said , is the correct method or product to control anything, nor is there any new products to control mites that are bullet proof , so to speak.