Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:46:19 -0600
> Yes that is the idea, but only need the pump, not the motor or pulleys.
> Any ideas on where to get the pump only?

I notice lately that there are getting to be quite a few posts containing
quotes and quotes of quotes, and also a (very) few occasionally with too
little quoted material for readers to figure out what is being addressed.
Time for members to take a look at the guidelines again?  see
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l for a refresher and other info, perhaps.

Anyhow, IMO, a SS pump is not necessary, and a bronze pump works just fine.
Local authorities may think differently, though, so check before buying.

That being said, bronze gear pumps have been addressed here on the list and
also on my site, and I believe that sources have been mentioned.  The local
hardware store can oblige, usually, here in Canada at least, for a price
around $100 in 3/4 and 1" sizes.  If the honey is free of solid objects and
reasonably warm, such pumps can move a drum in minutes.

When mentioning pumps, the throughput and temperatures must be mentioned, as
well as the application, since there are many pumps for various purposes and
with varying degrees of tolerance for pumping rocks, nails, and wire.

A visit to the archives might be helpful.