From:
Rick Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 1994 14:08:17 +0000
My personal vote on the new list/group thing is to maintain the status
quo, but that is  due to my inability to get  either the alt.* or rec.*
newsgroups.  My Internet access is via my employer, who, in their
infinite wisdom has elected to filter out certain newsgroups :-(
However, I can get e-mail, so the list-server approach is my only
choice at the moment.

I wonder if someone should go wander the UseNet groups periodically,
and "advertise" the fact that BEE-L exists, possibly with a quick note on
how to subscribe, get help, etc.  Then again, how much traffic do we
really want on this list??  The advantage of the newsgroup is that the
user polls the newserver to get  info, instead of having your inbox
fill up with stuff.  If traffic volume gets too heavy on BEE-L, we
may start loosing folks who don't want to wade through all the mail.

To answer the FAQ problem, maybe someone should start accumulating
a FAQ sheet, which could be posted to the list periodically, and e-mailed
directly to folks asking FAQs. I may regret this, but......

I am willing to start accumulating a FAQ sheet for BEE-L. Please e-mail
your suggestions to [log in to unmask]  I will start distributing the
FAQ to the list once a month, unless y'all ask me to stop.  I will also
try to monitor the list, and forward a copy of the FAQ to anyone who
asks a question that happens to be on it.  Of course - I wouldn't mind
help, so anyone interested in helping, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Rick Hough

PS - Any of you bee BBS operators out there that might already have
a FAQ sheet that you are willing to share, I would love to use that as
a starting place.