From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:32:09 -0400
A warning to beekeepers: I would steer clear of Rudolph Steiner. Example:

> When a person has advanced to the stage of seeing into his inner self, he
can sink his consciousness into other beings. For this he must have gained
control of the point midway between the eyes and from there direct his
consciousness downward into the heart. Then he can transfer his
consciousness into other things; for example, he can then investigate what
lives in an ant heap. Then he can also perceive the life in a beehive.

> Here however a phenomenon presents itself which is otherwise not to be
experienced on earth. In the way a beehive functions one experiences
something which is outside our earthly existence, something which is not
found anywhere else on earth. What takes place on the other planets cannot
be discovered merely by thinking. One cannot for example experience what is
taking place on the Sun or Venus if one is unable to transfer one's
consciousness into the life and functioning of a colony of bees.

> The bee has not gone through the whole course of evolution as we have.
From the outset it has not been connected with the same evolutionary
sequence as the other animals and man. The consciousness of the beehive, not
of the single bee, is immensely lofty. The wisdom of this consciousness will
only be attained by man in the Venus existence. Then he will have the
consciousness which is necessary in order to build with a substance which he
creates out of his own being.

> The ants build the ant heap out of all sorts of things, but as yet build
no cells. The building of cells is on higher planes something absolutely
different. Through transferring one's consciousness into the beehive,
through taking on the Venus consciousness, one learns something entirely
different from anything else on earth, the complete recession of the element
of sex.

> With the bees what is sexual is vested only in the one queen. The
kama-sexuality is almost entirely eliminated; the drones are killed. Here we
have the prototype of something which will actually be accomplished in a
future humanity, when work is the highest principle. It is only through the
impulse of the spirit that one gains the faculty of transferring oneself
into the community of the bees.

[just the tip of the iceberg]