From:
Tom Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 10:38:44 -0400
Is there any way to increase the count of drone cells.In my best hive I see
only a couple of dozen drone cells. Is this enough .I have two brood chambers
and four honey supers at work currently.Will do a summer harvest this week
and watch the
production of goldenrod honey soon. This has been a cool moist season here in
New England and the golden rod and queen annslace are now coming into
bloom.Milkweed is also flowering out. The queens are making lots of brood .If
they are doing well and the colonies strong will the production of drone
cells be reduced,
until the desire for a new queen increases.