Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:14:23 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi all
I guess I just missed the boat on this one. I guess you can't be everywhere at once. 

> Learning from the Bees, a conference about natural bee husbandry, took place in Holland at the end of August [2018]. It was a brilliant coming together of contemporary thinkers and do-ers who are actively engaged in changing the narrative about honeybee protection. Much of what we noted on a practical level was related to the transition process from ‘beekeeping’ to ‘rewilding’ bees.

However, they are holding another one

> Learning from the Bees | Berlin 2019 is dedicated to the bee and strives to spark cross-disciplinary dialogue among beekeepers, farmers, foresters, and others. Its mission is to bridge differences in ideology and practice and come together, unified by bees, to brainstorm alternatives to failing systems and help shape the future of beekeeping and environmental stewardship. This international conference features such experts as Prof. Thomas Seeley (Cornell University), Heidi Herrmann (Natural Beekeeping Trust), Dr. Przemysław Nawrocki (WWF, Poland), Markus Imhoof (More Than Honey), Albert Muller (Demeter beekeeper), and many others. 

comments:
Speechless, really. And to think I could have been part of the wave to free bees from human bondage. Guess I was just too busy with other things.

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2