Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:55:34 -0500
> Hi Allen, thank you for posting the Citrus Movento Trial

Glad to do so.  I have to thank Randy for obtaining and forwarding it.

> Was there any discussion about slide #15 the frame coverage
> of pollen?

Not a lot, and maybe Randy will remember something.  I have to admit that I
am very slow thinker, and sometimes I daydream when looking at the slides
and ponder something other than what is being said.  That slide could imply
many things beyond the obvious.  Let's also not forget it is an _average_
and what we know about averages.

I am glad you are asking.  IMO, there are many other questions we should
ask.  A number of people made comments and asked questions, so I am
addressing everyone with this one short note, since I am short of time.

Firstly, we don't have the actual study or paper, assuming that it is
available, and this presentation leaves out much of what I would need to
even venture an opinion beyond saying this is a probably a good preliminary
study and provides a basis for further work.

Off the top, it looks like the same sort of work superficial test that (name
withheld) did a few years back and which was touted as proof of safety for
another product before more was learned about more subtle factors and that
the thresholds were much lower than thought at the time.

There are a quite a few things I personally would need to know before being
able to even conditionally endorsing it.

Just for fun, imagine you were asked to review this study and find things
that are missing.  Make a list, folks.  It will be along one, if you are at
all like me.

Maybe there are answers, and maybe I'll have the details of the study to
ponder, just for asking.  In the meantime, I tend to the precautionary
principle, and I am also trying to be tactful.