Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:26:18 -0500
I would like to add my two cents worth on the attic removal question.  I also
have used a Bee Vac to remove bees from situations like this, and if I were
facing an attic removal as has been described, I would definitely use my Bee
Vac.  I found the information along with photographs and explanation (to
where even I could figure out how to do it) in Barry Birkey's web site:
www.beesource.com   under 'plans' and adapted it to the materials I had
available to me.  It works exceptionally well and I have never had a problem
personally with bees being killed by it.  If I am not mistaken, Matthew
Westall from Castle Rock, Colorado, provided the plans and graphics to Barry.
While I was working on mine, I sent several emails to Matthew about how
to make the Bee Vac and how it works and he was very helpful.  It has become
an integral part of my beekeeping equipment for use in removals.  I have even
lended it to another beekeeper to use (since he didn't have one) and now he
wants to make one for himself since he has used mine.  Good luck with your
project.

Layne Westover, College Station, Texas