From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:17:26 -0500
Lloyd made some good points on why honey is not used.

I did notice some variability between different honeys that I used, so went
with the one that seemed to be most active. And all were unheated. So, as
is being shown with manakua honey, nectar source is important, otherwise
you get variability.

Acceptance by the patient is another reason. In our society, if offered a
choice between antibiotics and honey for wound treatment, guess which wins?

It is messy.

Acceptance by the doctor is another. Had I not had an advanced degree- so I
had some authenticity, but not much- and spent time with the Dr before the
operation, including loading him down with papers on honey in medicine, I
doubt if he would have allowed me to treat myself. Now he is a convert, but
can he convert another Dr.? It is hard, as can be seen on this list when
new things are discussed. I am one of those on the list who always demands
proof. So far my experience is anecdotal, not scientific so I would
probably be demanding more than an email message saying it was so :)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME