From:
Paul S LeRoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:00:27 -0500
Has anyone had experience with chemotherapy and receiving bee stings after
therapy.  Does Chemotherapy remove built up immunity?  I have been around
beekeeping since childhood with my father then as a hobby beekeeper and
have been stung thousands of times with nothing more than swelling if stung
on lips, eyes, etc.  I am now undergoing chemotherapy for bladder cancer
that has spread to my lungs.  Doctors say that we will very likely be able
to get it under control since it was caught early.  They also say that if
we get it into remission that I should be able to do the things I like to
do which will include working my bees and with those that I have gotten
into beekeeping.  I would certainly like to correspond with anyone who has
undergone chemotherapy and continued to work with bees.  Thanks,
Paul LeRoy
McCormick, S.C. 29835