Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:49:46 -0500
> to those who want to stop spirotetramat, you face a steep uphill battle:

Who wants to stop it?  In case anyone is assuming I do, I never said I did.
I am quite detached.

I only said that I have my doubts that we do not know as much as we need to
know about it and that we need a better field study that the one we were
discussing.

I think some beekeepers might want it stopped, but I don't know what they
have to offer as an alternative.

Of course this substance appears to be very much more benign than many of
the previous ones, some of which killed or damaged beekeepers as well as
bees in a fairly short time, but we should not assume it is 'safe' or
'harmless' until we have better evidence.  IMO.  We once thought that PCBs
were safe and harmless and they were everywhere.  Now we think differently.

Some of these chemicals have effects which take years and new technologies
to discover.

Anyhow, if you are addressing me, please don't confuse my skepticism about
our knowledge of these chemicals with opposition to careful use.