From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:08:00 -0600
Hi everyone,

>>> Dr Dave <[log in to unmask]> 03/26 8:50 pm >>>
Dr. Dave wrote:
It is my understanding that ethylene oxide is the chemical used in
chemical
sterilization in hospitals everywhere.  It is hazardous and must be
handled
as such, but it is much more available than you indicated.  If I am
not
mistaken, my former employer, Union Carbide, is the major supplier.

Dave,
You are right about ETO being used in hospitals but very few
facilities will treat beekeeping equipment.  As you mentioned it is
also a very hazzardous material and must be handled properly but does
allow sterilization of things that cannot be exposed to the high
temperatures of an autoclave.

blane
Blane White
MN Dept of Agriculture