From:
Tim Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:33:55 -0700
Sevigny, Marc wrote:

> I was told that roundup is harmless to biurds, and animals.  I
> extrapolated
> that thinking and extended it to bees.
>
> Last week, I applied Roundup near my hive in an attempt to keep the
> weeds
> from blocking the entrance.  The following day, I notices that I has
> several
> hundred dead and dying bees near the entrance to the hive.

Marc;
  Yes, Round Up is non toxic to the bees, we have been spraying it in front
of our hives for about 15 years with no ill effects, it does keep the weeds
down, and the farmers apprieciate that, and our crew like not having to pull
the grass and weeds. If there are ANY side effect I have yet to see them.

Best Regards,
Tim Townsend