From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:15:17 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I have customers that ask about raw honey.  Why is it supposed to be good for you?  Does anyone have a researched answer from an authoritative source to pass on to my customers.  There is much hand waving about the subject but little hard data it seems.  Can anyone help?
***************
  An acquaintance sells honey and pollen without making any health
claims. And he suggests that we would be wise to do the same.
  He does, however, also sell books that make their own health claims
for honey and pollen.
  Raw honey (unheated and not finely filtered) is similar to brown
chicken eggs. I know that white eggs and brown eggs are not different in
any way except shell color, but I prefer brown eggs as slightly exotic.
(And the rich, orange yolk color of some farm eggs is the result of
carotene in a food supplement and means nothing, right?)
Tim
--
Tim Sterrett
(southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA