Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:24:39 -0400
I checked my hive today and there were hundreds of bees on the outside wall
near the entrance. The frames are relatively full in the main chamber with
lots of brood, but the beens seem to refuse to go through the queen
excluder to the honey super.

Is this a sign of overcrowding and potential swarming? I did not see any
quenn cells. What should I do?
(This hive swarmed several weeks ago even though it was just installed this
year.)

Also, several weeks ago I saw a drone emerge and a mite escape from the
drone cell. It was small and round and red or brown (I am colorblind). What
should I do about this?

Ibrahim