From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:50:46 -0700
John Edwards:
(until they popped up south of Tucson and in my traps on the
Pima Reservation east of Ajo, AZ prob a year later).

Reply:
Actually the first so called sightings of AHB by size determination, etc. amazingly, were all within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of our bee yards and the first one south of Tucson in Sasabe was get this, small and black bees; as I was into deeply breeding to the black side then for small caucasian type bees (several thousand cells a year), until somehow that got stopped for us. But I still have maps of all original sightings marked and where in all counties. We moved out of the reservation area east of Ajo then, and later off the tohono  reservation after being there since back to 1927 as politics changed. For more reading I believe much was written in the archives here on the original sightings and where found and how identified. I still stand as written long ago with results as noted from various laboratories.

Dee A. Lusby