From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:17:56 +0000
On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Bill Miller wrote:

> Wayne brings up two good points about swarms:
>
> >     How do you know they are truly from a wild colony?
>
> As to the the origin of swarms, although you can't completely prove a swarm
> to be from a feral colony.......

I don't believe it matters. What is important is that the colony
was healthy enough to swarm.

> >     How do you keep them from infecting your other colonies with Varroa?

Well, as you know by now I have mixed feelings about drug
treatments, but this is an opportunity when all the mites are
exposed (no brood) so the drugs and other contact treatments
(talc et al) work the best.

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]   Hampshire, England.
               Beekeeper; Kendo 3rd Dan; Sometime sailor.