From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 19:47:51 -0300
My mobile extracting plant is giving me troubles. I have it set up far away
in the mountains. I brought a "technician" up there but I am not convinced
with the diagnostics. Need help.

The plant have a 5.5 kw genset. It is not grounded.
The genset works, and all the motors inside the plant work (hotwater and
cold pumps, decaper).

The horizontal extractor is the one that doesn't want to work. It have an
electronic regulator/control (for speed and time of extraction).

The "technician" says the problem is with the genset that is giving current
on both phases and therefore the electronics of the regulator get lost.

 I already send the Genset to a repair shop. The shop says it is repaired.
But the technician - after inspecting the genset on the return from the shop
- says the Genset was not repaired because it still gives intermitent
current on both phases.

My understanding is that alternating current is that, currents alternates
from phase to phase with a given cycle, but I am not an electrician.

Should I change the Genset or should I change the "technician".

Any clues?? Any test I could do?

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.