From:
Dave Pehling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1993 10:17:01 PDT
Howdy Bee-L'ers,

My name is Dave Pehling from WSU Cooperative Extension in Snohomish County.
I've been enjoying the communications on the Bee List and thought I'd join
in.

I've been working with Osmia lignaria propinqua as a hobby and much of
my stock is plagued with a tiny mite, Chaetodactylus krombeini.  A few
of my bees are so infested that it looks as though they are wearing a
gray jacket!

Has anyone done any work on mite management with this bee?  I'm experimenting
with dusting nesting boards with miticides this spring and at least one shows
some promise.

FAX - 206-338-3994