From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:06:25 -0400
Eunice Wonnacott wrote:

>   Overall, that product is not too nice a flavor and is best
> left to
> the bees for their own use.

Actually, one of the better sellers at the Fair where our State Chapter
sold honey. Plus, we sold it at a premium price.

All in the taste buds. Another example is Buckwheat honey which sell
fine in NY but would be hard to give away here. I raised Buckwheat as a
cover/soil enrichment crop and the honey was dark and molasses like. Or
sludge, which is more what my opinion of it was.

This sort of links with the most expensive honey thread, since some of
the most expensive "rare" honey I have tasted, I did not like. Maybe
that is why it is so rare :)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine