From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:35:03 -0500
Beekeepers:

A couple of weeks back Aaron Morris had this to say in regards to Ahlert
Schmidt's post Radicals & Honey:

>It seems that's a message that the NHB (and beekeepers too) should be
shouting from every mountain top!

Well today I received the January 2002 issue of the American Bee Journal.
In it was an article entitled "Scientific Health Research as a Platform for
a Marketing Strategy". The article was by Marcia M. Cardetti, Director of
Scientific Affairs for the National Honey Board.

The article did mention that honey is an effective antioxidant in meat
products as Bill Trusdell pointed out.

It also mentioned a project underway at the University of Georgia to try to
eliminate Clostridium botulinum spores from honey. Wouldn't that be grand.
We would no longer have to tell people how *poisonous* honey is to babies!

Now if the Honey Board would begin printing articles such as that in the
more general magazines that non-beekeepers read...

Regards,
Dick