From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:34:54 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Bill Truesdell
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Maybe not so with beekeeper's families and co-workers.

Hi Bill,

The subject gets muddier, and having had three members of my family
through allergy treatment, and two more dangerously allergic and opting
NOT to be done, it is one with which our household has a fair degree of
familiarity.

Right, with my son I accept the conventional scenario. Bee hairs, dried
venom etc etc off my clothing getting into the home and being inhaled by
the family members. Thus my son has his problems. My wife started out
non allergic and after few years of washing my bee suits etc she was the
first to go down in a heap when stung. (Her life was possibly saved by
my oldest son who instinctively did everything right and called for the
doctors, despite being only 6 at the time, but that is another story.)

With Kasia the Polish girls it is not the case. She showed allergy
symptoms right from the off, having had no previous exposure to bees or
honey prior to rolling up here looking for work. But is it the honey, or
is it some component, that may or may not be removeable by filtration. I
don't know, and am not going to go to the vast expense of finding out as
we have work for her anyway that takes the risk away. But she is trully
getting sick now of the sight of nail guns, frames and wire.

--
Murray McGregor