From:
Mike & Janet Brisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 09:20:40 -0700
Hi Dr. Geels, I've got a few emails about access.
  Our website is www.countryrubes.com
I wonder what I did wrong?
Anyways, I use roughly 1/2 pound per hive, and if the hive is really infested, we put about 1/3 c powdered sugar on each super,  brush it with a beebrush, then stack the next super on top, repeat.  Do this treatment 3 to 4 times 6 to 8 days apart to capture mites in capped brood.  If you catch a swarm, go queenless, any broodless situation, the mites are phoretic, and you will capture most of them.  Remove sugar in 24 hours.  The sugar turns hard, the mites will walk right over it.  Dr. Eric Mussen  of UC Davis says the mites don't die, but some I think they  do.  We use SBB that the sugar fall to and its easy to remove.
    http://www.countryrubes.com/pages/9/index.htm  that should take your right to the powdered sugar.
  Thanks for writting,
  Janet Brisson