From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 09:48:55 -0600
Hello Randy & All,
Randy wrote:
>  I'm glad to see that Terry is
using this time before they get varroa in Australia wisely.

Commercial beekeeping is a small world. In fact a very small industry.
Thinking ahead is the way we will survive. When Terry and I met we seemed to
be on the same wave length. Kind of like you and I did.

I encouraged you to write articles. I have been amazed at the articles you
have done! Keep up the writing! I think the average reader of ABJ or BC
would be shocked to hear the amount of time it takes to do an article.

Both Kim Flottum ( Bee Culture) & Joe Graham ( American Bee Journal) have
encouraged me to write.

Beekeepers like articles by other beekeepers!

We have no agendas other than helping other beekeepers. Beekeepers like
Randy Oliver,Michael Palmer, Kirk Webster, Chuck Norton, James Fischer,
Allen Dick, Dick Marion, Dee Lusby and many others taking the time to write.

I have been an avid reader of old ABJ & BC. I have got magazines collections
back into the 20's. Never have I seen so many larger beekeepers writing for
the bee magazines as today.

I hope when beekeepers 20-50 years from today reread old bee magazines they
think. Wow! some of these beekeepers were on the right track and were years
ahead of their time.

Is that not what we think about Langstroth, Miller and Dolittle?

 Subscriptions to bee magazines are down which is mostly due to the
declining number of beekeepers.

Please subscribe to BOTH magazines! If you do you are supporting beekeeping!

 Beekeepers get  most of their current beekeeping information from those
magazines. Far more than they get from the AHPA & ABF conventions or local
meetings.

The internet reaches beekeepers but only a very small percent.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.