From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:36:13 -0700
I am looking for info online that could be used to explain to  customers why
cheap honey  around $1.00 a pound in drums is likely from outside the USA.

Reply:
Brian, simply ask them could anyone in USA sell for $1.00 a pound with the price of gas the way it is, plus labor rates for wages for self and employess, and throw in utilities used, rents, maintenance work etc, plus number of trips to get a barrel/drum of honey. Then see if they simply can keep costs to under a $1.00 a pound........or want to live instead with a respectable price. It's really nothing hard except where for some reason cheap honey is being sold...........they/you might  want to wonder why? Sell fast at cheap price or sell for higher...........why is it afraid for some to sell higher? Also, are we a dumping ground here in USA, does Europe do same? Just some added questions to ask your customers.....